About Us

1880 -1957

In 1880, Mr. Henry Weiss began supplying tools for the sheet metal industry in New York City. His knowledge and dedication to quality led him to found the H. Weiss & Company in 1919. The company’s mission was clear: to provide “wholesale and retail sheet metal machinery and supplies to metal workers throughout the New York metropolitan area.”

That same year, Vincent J. Reitano Sr. (only 17 at the time and known affectionately as ‘Jimmy’) began working for Mr. Weiss as a laborer. He worked his way up through the ranks of the company and was eventually responsible for all day-to-day business operations. In 1957, Vincent Sr. became an official partner and helped steer the company into the future.